It was fun to watch conference with family most of the weekend and to have Amanda join us from Idaho. It just seems right having more people at the house since it is more empty most of the time lately.
There was some creative conference watching, with Mieka happy to sit with Braden only in a little box..
Scott did not want us to take his picture playing guitar hero in his suit and made an escape behind Breanna the first time, but Amanda caught him later that evening. See Braden's post...Oh yeah, rockin out in a suit!
OK, I am bragging on this one. Those of you who know me well enough, know that cinnamon rolls have been a tough thing for me to have success with. They usually turn out more like a rock. Well, I went online this year to some "conference weekend idea" posts and several mentioned having cinnamon rolls as a tradition. Several talked about these amazing rolls that took at least three hours to make and that you start the night before etc. Not my style. Then I saw a post with a lady who said hers only take one hour total from start to finish. More my style. I printed out the recipe and saved it. Saturday night when we were at Nicolitalias getting dough, the girl helping us mentioned that they add a little wheat flour to the dough in Utah since it is so dry here, it makes it more moist. So, this morning I made the rolls using 1 cup of wheat flour out of the five total. They really were SO QUICK! and SO YUMMY! Here's the recipe:
CONFERENCE CINNAMON ROLLS
1 1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. yeast
1/2 T. salt
Mix these together and let sit 10 minutes until frothy.
Add 1 large egg, beaten. Then add 4 1/2-5 cups flour- enough to make a good soft dough.
Turn out on a floured board and knead until it feels good. Roll out dough and spread cinnamon mixture: 1/2 c. melted butter mixed with 3/4 c. sugar (I used part brown and part white), 6 t. cinnamon.
Roll up. Cut with a string and place on greased jellyroll pan. Let rise 10-20 minutes (I like to put it in a barely warm oven to raise it faster. Bake 11 minutes at 400.
Frost while warm but not hot: 3 T. melted butter, 2 c. powdered sugar, 1/8 c. milk 3/4 t. vanilla, I add a little almond, you can add orange zest and orange flavor if you want. YUM!
1 comment:
I'm very impressed mom! "That's so domestic" (that's what the ladies at work say to me)
Post a Comment