The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Axis & Allies- snack version

OK, check out Breanna's blog for the game details of the HOURS AND HOURS game played at our house on Friday night!  My part in all of this was helping provide country appropriate snacks for the game players.
Here are the "troops."  
Josh Barton was United States- we chose chili dogs for this country.
Breanna was Great Britain- we had strawberries and cream. (We decided the Boy Scout uniform worked as a costume since Boy Scouts started in England.
Austin was Japan- we went to the international market for some "Pocky" a favorite Japanese treat; chocolate dipped cracker sticks.
Braden was Germany- so we brought out the Gummi Bears; yes they originate in Germany.
Scott was Russia- I made some Russian Peroshki; little potato dumplings served with sour cream on top- yummy!  Hey, what about the cool Russian hat that I saw upstairs???  You know, the fur ones that Austin brought back??
Braden really got into his role as Hitler...I think he liked the idea of having a little mustache thingy.
Anyways, I think good times were had by all and...I do not even know who won this war.  I finally gave up and went to bed!!!

1 comment:

Jon Spell said...

I have to admit, Braden looks pretty sharp with the little mustache!