But,thanks to a wonderful donation of produce to our missionaries, and a huge surplus of tomatoes and onions, I brought home two boxes of tomatoes and more onions than you could imagine...we had to take a huge cooler full of onions to the ward here on Sunday to try to give away to ward members.
I bought a new water bath canner...I like it. I can do 9 bottles at a time. It was easier to use than I thought...and I could not find a steam canner anywhere!
We are grateful to have home bottled salsa so we feel we can have it more often. I brought a couple of cases down with us and now I have 27 more bottles to make us feel a little more at home. Later this fall, I want to try to grow some tomatoes here at the house. We will see how that goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment