The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Breakfast on the Run!

Ok, so on Mondays I do a long run, albeit slow.  This past Monday as I was about 3 miles into my run I see a man crouched down on the opposite side of the road by a mailbox.  I see that he is holding something shiny in his hand and sort of turning it in the sun and...looking at me.
I was getting a little nervous at this point, but a car coming towards me passed me shortly before I reached him.  After the car passed, I was alone once more and close enough to see what he was holding.  Luckily it was not the KNIFE I had worried it might be...but it was not much better...it was a FORK!
I have to admit, I backglanced quite a few times to make sure he was not going to chase me and EAT ME!  And I was cursing myself for taking off without my phone that day.
It was so creepy!  He just stared at me and every time I looked back, he was watching me.  I was hoping I would see a police car so I could have them check it out, but no such luck.
Just some FOOD FOR THOUGHT...and glad it was not ME!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

that's really really creepy! you need to be super careful mom!

Grandma Taylor said...

I tried to post earlier, but I was a robbot so I will try again. Your run sounded scary to me too. I'm glad you can run FAST. Maybe you should get a BIG dog. Be safe.

Grandma Taylor said...

Yaaaa, I guess I am not a robbot after all

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Yikes! Please tell me this is someone impersonating the fork-wielder and you didn't stop for a quick photo shoot!