The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family

Sunday, November 3, 2013

COME JOIN WITH US

The talk we studied this week was by President Uchtdorf from the Saturday morning session of Conference.  COME JOIN WITH US
Click on the line below to go to the talk.  Please let me know if this is a better way for me to imbed the code for the talks rather than the way I have been putting the video right into the blog post.  Let me know what you prefer.

http://bcove.me/fqj362il

Here are my takes on the counsel and the promised blessings from this talk.  What do you see??

Counsel:

  • Do not be afraid to consecrate ALL to the Lord.
  • Participate actively in your faith. DO GOOD!
  • Put your faith into practice by serving others.
  • Respect all those who honestly seek for truth.
  • Don't stumble because of the mistakes of men in a   perfect Gospel.
  • Do not allow your doubts to keep you from the love, peace and gifts that come through faith in Jesus Christ.
  • Do not judge members of the Church who are not perfect. We are all hypocrites if you judge that way.

Promised blessings:

  • "Our daily walk with Jesus Christ leads to peace and purpose in this life and profound joy and eternal salvation in the world to come."
  • "Those who follow this path faithfully avoid many of the pitfalls, sorrows, and regrets of life."
  • "The poor in spirit and honest of heart find great treasures of knowledge here."
  • "Those who suffer or grieve find healing here."
  • Those burdened with sin find forgiveness, liberty, and rest.
  • "God will not allow His Church to drift from its appointed course or fail to fulfill its divine destiny."
  • "Here you will find the words of eternal life, the promise of blessed redemption, and the pathway to peace and happiness."
I loved this talk.  It spoke peace to my heart.  I have had enough experience in life to recognize the truths taught in this talk.  
I am never happier than when I am serving others.  

I know I have been blessed by making promises to God.  
I have learned that people are not perfect, but the Gospel is.  
Having a principle guided life makes all the difference in the world as to what some may see as "restrictions" that are embraced in the LDS faith.  I see the principles behind commandments and it makes so much more sense.  
I also know that I do not need to have the answers for everything right now. 
I know enough.  
I know God created this earth and each of us.  This earth was designed as a place for us to gain experience.  
I know we knew God and Christ and each other before we came here.  We are re-discovering things we knew before, but with a body.  
I know that we have infinite potential to learn and grow through this plan and the Atonement.  
It is all about family.  We are grateful that YOU are part of our eternal family.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN???

NEXT WEEK: Read Elder Gifford Nielsen's talk and Brother McConkie's talk.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

No comments: