The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family

Saturday, February 1, 2014

LOOK UP!

This talk was by Elder Adrian Ochoa of the Seventy.  I remember listening to it in conference and loving his personal story about stopping to play marbles on the way to town and a big storm overtaking them.
Go to: http://bcove.me/lmxogmwy

COUNSEL:
Don't forget to LOOK UP!
Pay attention to the signs of the times
Make temporal and spiritual preparation
Remember the principle that "By their fruits ye shall know them"
Nourish your faith with the word of God
Ask God if things are true

PROMISED BLESSINGS:
You will have the gift of the Holy Ghost and that protective power
Forgiveness for our sins and a state of happiness you have not known before
Your Heavenly Father is mindful of you...he is waiting for you
We can live together forever as families

"Yes, there are signs of storms forming all around us. Let us look up and prepare ourselves. There is safety in a strong testimony. Let us cherish and strengthen our testimonies every day."

I really feel that this is true.  If I stop and search the world for negative and horrible signs of our times, I can find them.  I actually do not do this.  What I find is that I feel safe.  I know that bad things are out there and that sometimes they affect me and our family.  Yet, I feel peace in knowing that our Heavenly Father is aware of our family.  He has given us the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the power of the Priesthood and the Holy Ghost to guide us and principles to center our lives on that will not lead us astray and can be guiding stars if you will use them as such.

No comments: