We have been in the fast track all month and have evidence in photo form!
This is our son Braden. He is very silly. This is him in the backseat on our way to Phoenix for the BYU vs AZ game the first of the month!
We had a great time there and of course, visited with friends from our mission time! This is Dana taking photos of our Office Couples at a dinner we had.
We had to get out on our hike over at Thunderbird Conservation area near the Phoenix Temple...one of our favorite traditional hiking areas. And yes, it was hot!
We picked up Austin at the airport and went on a tour of favorite places...
The Mesa LDS Temple
Bahama Bucks Shave Ice!!! We were there when they opened at 11 AM
And Chino Bandidos for our fix of Chinese Mexican food!!! YUM!!!!
We took our friends the Kings to the game with us at Cardinal Stadium. It was SO MUCH FUN!
The stadium was HUGE and is all enclosed with a retractible roof, and even a grass field that they can roll out into the sun and roll back inside as needed.
Lucky for us, BYU managed a win that day! We had fun seeing quite a few RM friends at the game as well!
Back in town, we were able to go to the sealing for an RM Landon Bouwhuis. He was one of our earlier missionaries and it was great to see him after a long time!
We had been watching the leaves turn colors up on the mountains, so for FHE we took Braden and Makenna up to Bridal Veil falls on a little walk.
I got the bug to do some re-do's in the house this month and oh, what a mess I am still in...because one thing leads to another!
I started with the bathroom cabinets. The old oak cabinets had seen better days and I thought white would match the beadboard on the walls so...
...here is the new look. We love it! It looks crisp and clean.
So, when I was looking up some things online I saw some re-dos of railings.
I gel stained the top and end rails and have been painting the spindles white...it is a very long and tedious process but the entry rails are ALMOST done and I am working on the upstairs now.
Scott has torn out the tile in the entry for me and we got some nice dark wood-look ceramic tile to re-do that as well.
Several RM receptions and sealings this month including Spencer Brame. He had brain surgery last year so this is rather a miracle!
We held our Reunion up in Rexburg the weekend before Conference and had a lot of fun up there with an evening open house, morning temple session and lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe.
We went to help Carole pack some boxes and got home late that Saturday night after a rainy weekend. We did not see the snow that had fallen in the mountains til the next morning when we went to the MTC. It was so beautiful with the snow and then the red trees underneath the snowline!
And that day we also had our monthly mission dinner at our home for whoever had signed up at reunion. We had a great group including our friends the Kings who were in town!
Last month I officially started as a member of the Provo City Energy Board. Actually, I attended my first meeting before receiving the official letter from the mayor.
One of my invitations this month was to tour the newly acquired West Valley Power Plant, a natural gas facility that Utah Municipal Power purchased. It was really interesting to see inside all the workings...and yes, I had to wear a hard hat. I was the only one in our group who did not have their own hat. Hmm...all I want for Christmas is my own hard hat?
I'm pretty sure I have one in the costume box...

We held our semi-annual reunion in Provo this past weekend and it was very fun. Of course, we have less each time that come, and that is normal. And more are married or have children. We had about 70 RMs and then additional spouses and friends, but it is a good time for whoever comes!
More visits with RMs at the reunion!
We also had a few over for S'Mores after Priesthood session of conference and that was also lots of fun!
Sunday morning before Conference, we went to say good bye to our missionaries heading to Italy this week. This is just part of the Sisters in our Branch who stayed after for a photo. We are pretty attached to this group and will miss them!
BUSY SEPTEMBER!!
Looking forward to a visit from Austin and Laura and kiddos for OCTOBER and then Jenna and kiddos for NOVEMBER!












No comments:
Post a Comment