The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family

Friday, September 12, 2008

Playing catch-up

   A few things from the past few weeks involving our family . . .

   BREANNA competed in her first triathlon last weekend ("first" . . . will there be more). She did the "sprint" triathlon, which is a 750-meter swim, a 20-kilometer bike course and a 5-kilometer run. For those of you who are metrically challenged - half-mile swim, 12.4-mile cycling and 3.1-mile running. It's the fastest-growing discipline in the triathlon family of distances. Click here for a link to her "beginnings and changes" blog entry on the event.


   JENNA AND TYREL surprised us two weekends ago with a quick visit to Provo. They came out for the wedding of one of Tyrel's cousins and surprised Braden, Cheryl and I by showing up unannounced at our house Friday evening (Breanna, Austin and Laura were in on plan). Before they left for New Jersey late Saturday night, we went as a family to the BYU-Northern Iowa football game (half in the north stands, half in the south). Click here for a link to Jenna's blog entry "best surprise ever" on the visit.
   THE FAMILY is having fun with one of Braden's fall creations - a weekly college football pick-'em contest sponsored by ESPN. I think Cheryl is wanting to weigh in on this - she's taking her weekly selections pretty seriously. Here's the latest ESPN family standings - click on the standings image below to get a bigger, better view.  OK  Cheryl checking in...I do want you to know that I have been abandoned by the women of this family and have succumbed to the whole football pick thing.  I have no idea what I am doing I just look at stats that make no sense and look for the longest lines on the bar graphs:)  So far so good?  Makes life more interesting in a male dominated home.  Thanks Laura and Jenny for coming along for the ride!



2 comments:

austin and laura said...

AUSTIN AND LAURA???? had yummy ice cream tonight. check out or blog and vote in our poll!

Megan said...

I'm so glad that you've told me that you have a blog! I think it's such a wonderful way to stay in contact across the miles.

I loved reading you China e-mails... sounds like you have such a great time!