Go to: http://bcove.me/5m4yaqqx
President Monson teaches us that “decisions determine destiny.”
COUNSEL:
- Love the Lord our God with our heart and soul
- Love our neighbors as brothers and sisters
- Revere human life in every form
- Be humbled because of our weaknesses
- See your body as your temple- take care of it
- See aging and death as a blessing
- Work on self-mastery
- Learn from our mistakes
- Keep the commandments
- Choose marriage; choose sexual loyalty before and during marriage
PROMISED BLESSINGS:
- We have bodies that protect and repair themselves
- We have bodies in the first place! They are inherently AMAZING!
- Weak things can be made strong in us
- We are allowed to return home to God
- You will build confidence in yourself
- You will have longer life, greater love and consummate JOY!
- You will have access to the power of God
- Enduring happiness, sustained comfort to our souls, perennial peace in our homes
- Exaltation and eternal lives
In our families we often have physical limitations. Bre showed me this clip about the relationship of a brother and sister. It is so tender!
http://www.faithit.com/hed-take-a-bullet-for-her-sister-brother-beautiful-relationship-disability/I feel the Spirit when I watch this. I know that love has all power and that family relations are so powerful. I know Heavenly Father loves every one of his children and wants us to be happy.
I also could not help but think of our Heavenly Father and our Savior who feel the way about us that this sweet brother feels about his sister.
Elder Nelson agrees. He says:
"Your Heavenly Father has known you for a very long time. You, as His son or daughter, were chosen by Him to come to earth at this precise time, to be a leader in His great work on earth. You were chosen not for your bodily characteristics but for your spiritual attributes, such as bravery, courage, integrity of heart, a thirst for truth, a hunger for wisdom, and a desire to serve others."
I know that it true. I have had people come into my life that I knew were supposed to be there at a certain time or place. I hope I have been there for those who needed me as well.
I believe that we all have divine purposes to fulfill here on earth.
I also believe that we are here to learn and that when we make mistakes we can learn from them and really grow stronger! The power of the Atonement allows healing and change and growth.
As I have been reading the Book of Mormon and reading these talks looking specifically for the counsel we can follow, I see the great power there is in the commandments...they are not to burden us or hold us back...rather, they are very freeing and allow us to express ourselves uniquely in a safety zone. I see many of God's children finding their way back home, living by principles and empowered by covenants. It is really just so cool!
Elder Nelson says: "He allows you to access His power as you keep His commandments, eagerly, earnestly, and exactly. It is that simple and certain. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of change!"

1 comment:
I got to use this talk for a lesson for my yw. it was very inspiring to me & I used a quote from it where Nelson reminds us that it is the atonement that helps us when we fall short.
Post a Comment